The sale of turntables is once again on the rise. In direct contrast to the rise of digital music files, the world of vinyl records is once again on the rise. People are once again turning to vinyl records because they believe that they sound better than digital files. People also love collecting the album covers, displaying them much like an avid reader displays their shelves of books. Whatever the reasons may be, the statistics are clear: people are purchasing vinyl records at a rate not seen in multiple decades. As this trend continues, people clearly are going to need to buy the things that allow them to play these records: turntables. One of the most commonly sold brands are VPI turntables. They are popular not only because of their high quality and incredible sound, but also because of their ability to be incredibly affordable. Some of the higher end turntables on the market can cost an individual many thousands of dollars, yet VPI turntables are able to deliver equivalent sound at a much affordable cost. Their affordability also extends to any maintenance you have to perform on them, so if something breaks you’ll be able to get it fixed without emptying your checking account.
Since VPI turntables, and turntables in general, have become so popular, it should make sense that there are now many different companies selling them. This means that the market has become somewhat saturated, making it difficult for consumers to know which companies are the best to buy from. If you find yourself in the tricky situation of not knowing who you should be buying from, then start looking for companies that offer five characteristics. If a company can meet all five of the characteristics listed below, then you can feel confident in buying VPI turntables from them.
1. Expertise. It should be obvious that you only want to buy from companies that have expertise in their field. If they are not capable of answering simple questions or explaining aspects of a turntable to you, then you need to look somewhere else. They should be able to succinctly explain the differences between different turntables, i.e. what each one is good for, how each will sound, and which ones will be the easiest to maintain once you have already purchased them.
2. Experience. Second, look for companies with experience in the business. The longer they have been around, the more knowledge they will have of the industry. Also, if they have been in business for many years, then you can rest assured that they know what they are doing.
3. Affordability. Make sure that the company you choose to buy from is charging a competitive rate. Don’t pay more than you have to just because you think you need to pay a lot.
4. Variety. The more types of VPI turntables a company has to offer, the more choices you have as a consumer. This will allow you to find the perfect turntable for you.
5. Accessories. Make sure you find a company that offers numerous accessories to go with your turntable. You never know when you might need to get a new needle or pair of headphones.