Owning a home is great, but it comes with an immense amount of responsibility. It is imperative for any and all responsible homeowners to maintain a clean home. The cleaner your home is, the less likely it is that there are serious problems with your home. This applies to your carpets as well. Any homeowner understands that the most difficult part of keeping your carpet clean is removing stains. Stains, if not treated properly, will stay in your carpet, and eventually you will have to replace your entire carpet if you want to keep your house looking great. Replacing your carpet can be incredibly expensive and time-consuming. Therefore, it is important to understand how best to remove stains from your carpet, so your carpet keeps its great look and lasts for many years. Here are five things to do when it comes to stain removal.
1. Apply stain protectant. The best way to clean stains is to prevent them from ever happening. This can be done by applying a stain protectant to your carpet. This product comes in a wide variety, but all of them work to help keep stains from setting in your carpet when they occur. Even if the stain does get to your carpet, a protectant will make cleaning it up much easier.
2. Get to them quick. The second thing to do when it comes to stain removal is to get to them quick. If your pour a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice on your carpet, don’t just sit around and let the stain set. Immediately get up and get to cleaning. The quicker you can get to the stain, the easier it will be to clean.
3. Soak them up before cleaning. The third tip when it comes to stain removal is to soak up the stain before applying any cleaning product. Take a paper towel or a regular towel and apply it to the stain. Apply pressure, and keep manipulating the towel so that a clean part is on top of the stain. The more liquid you can get up, the better. Once you have soaked it all up, then clean it. This also applies to upholstery cleaning and removing stains on furniture.
4. Know the stain and fabric. You must also understand the type of stain you have in your home and the fabric of your carpet. Understanding the type of stain, as well as the type of carpet, will enable you to use the right kind of product. Certain products are great for wine stains, while others are better for coffee.
5. Hire the professionals. The final thing to consider when you have stains in your home that you simply cannot get up is to hire a professional carpet cleaner. They will have higher quality products, equipment, and a stronger understanding of stains, which will allow them to clean up even the trickiest of stains. One great carpet cleaning company is Fleet Chem-Dry. They are dedicated to the tricky process of stain removal and can help you get your carpet looking new.