Cleaning the carpet in your home can be a massive hassle. First, it means setting aside some of your valuable free time to essentially work. Second, cleaning carpets can take a long time, especially if you have to set aside extra time for stain removal. And finally, there is always the possibility that after you have cleaned your carpet, and it dries, you’ll notice that it still doesn’t look great. This final reason as to why cleaning carpets is a hassle typically happens because people don’t know all of the carpet cleaning tricks. Many people think that if you simply vacuum your carpet, it’ll look great. Unfortunately, this simply isn’t true. To make the process simpler and easier, here are ten great carpet cleaning tips that will work on all carpets.
1. Use deodorizers. You should always use deodorizers on your carpet. They will help keep your carpet, and your home, smelling great.
2. Use protectants. Using protectants on your carpet helps to protect your carpet against stains and other debris. They work to keep liquids and materials from settling into your carpet, making them easier to clean and maintain.
3. Get to stains early. It is incredibly important to get to spots and spills before they are able to soak into your carpet and become stains. The quicker you are able to get to them, the better chance you have of ensuring they cannot be seen on your carpet into the future.
4. Clean stains before vacuuming. It is incredibly important to get to all of the stains on your carpet before you vacuum. Once you have vacuumed, many of the stains in your carpet will be settled and therefore you will not be able to get them up.
5. Always shampoo your carpet. Shampoo your carpet at least a few times a year. The more frequently you do it the more your carpet will stay in good condition. Also, don’t forget to shampoo the stairs in your home if they have carpet on them.
6. Vacuum three times a week. Doing this will keep debris and dirt from settling into your carpet. The less frequent you vacuum, the dirtier your carpets will always be. If you don’t vacuum frequently enough, the dirt will never come up, even when you do vacuum.
7. Focus on high-traffic areas. It is important to understand that some parts of your carpet see more traffic than other areas. The more commonly walked areas should be cleaned more frequently and more thoroughly.
8. After shampooing, lay towels in walkways. After you have shampooed, it is important to protect your carpet until it dries. Therefore, lay down towels in the areas you most commonly walk on.
9. Know your carpet. Finally, understand your carpet and only use products that are meant for your specific carpet.
10. Hire professionals annually. The final tip is to hire professionals to clean your carpet annually. Professionals will clean your carpet deeper and more thoroughly than you can with over-the-counter types of products. Professional carpet cleaners, such as Fleet Chem-Dry, will keep your carpet looking great and will make it last longer.