When we post our favorite pictures or videos many of us just post each individual photo into some sort of grand album and leave it at that. While this can be an ok option if you are wanting to upload a bunch of different photos over a certain span of time, if you really want to be able to tell a story with pictures you should put a little bit more effort into picking the pictures that are really going to serve your purpose and tell your story. There are a bunch of different ways that you can tell your story with photos or with video sharing and each story is going to want to be told a little bit differently. While there is no right or wrong way, here are a few tips that can make your story telling with pictures a little bit better.
- Take more pictures than you think you will need. Even with a digital camera, a number of the photos that you take might not turn out as good as you though or hoped and maybe you didn’t notice that weird guy in the background of one of your photos. There are a number of different things that can go wrong when taking pictures and you normally can’t go back and do it all again so you might as well do it right the first time. Taking an extra few pictures takes practically no extra time and you will be incredibly glad that you have them if you ever need them.
- Once you have your pictures go through and start eliminating. Since you have so many pictures it might be difficult to choose one picture over the other but start going through the process and thinking about what you want to show. Get rid of pictures that are similar and if you are trying to tell a story through your pictures try and make sure that the story is properly told through the photo sequence.
- Pick a means to share your photos. Do you want some sort of photo slide show? Should there be any kind of theme or fancy graphics? By figuring out the answers to these questions you will be able to find the photo and video sharing program or app that is going to be the best match for your project.
- If you are sharing this photo or video project with a bunch of people, before you send it out make sure that you have gone over everything as a final project so that you can see if everything is working the way that you would like it to. It is far better to be able to see before the fact if there are any small kinks or issues that need to be resolved.
- Enjoy! Remember you are putting this together to be able to share with people and enjoy something. Make sure that you remember that during the process and that you are having a good time with the project, both creating it as well as sharing it.